Monday 11 September 2017

Research music video 6: Establishing Shots for Indie Music Videos


Here are some establishing shots of Indie music videos, I think it is instantly clear to see that a convention for an Indie music video is to have an establishing shot that either contains the main theme/character in the video or have a scenic background that is quite abstract. I intend to follow this trend in my music video as I think it is a key convention of an Indie music video, I think adhering to these conventions will also attract an existing audience of Indie music videos and as it has no segregation of any group of people it can attract any group although I primarily intend to attract 'aspirers' and the working class.


  • This has influenced my research and planning as it as I have noticed a convention of an Indie music video is having a location shot as an establishing shot, sometimes semiotics can also be included within the shot, this can be very effective
  • I also like some of the CGI/Animiation that is used, although it may not be possible due to budget reason I would quite like to use something like this in the video.

1 comment:

Note to Moderator

Dear Moderator, Welcome to my A2 G325 blog, I have tried my hardest to portray my journey from my initial ideas to the creation of my musi...